10 "Must Have" Backpacking Items from the Innovators at Sea to Summit
When backcountry camping, sometimes the small details can make the difference between an okay time and an experience that you will never forget.
Sea to Summit offers many items to help increase comfort levels and enjoyment when front and backcountry camping.
Following are 10 tiny items to throw in your pack this summer to make life easier!
Delta Spork with Serrated Knife
It's a fork, no it's a spoon, no it's a knife, no it's a spork with a serrated edge! Save on weight with this multi-purpose utensil! Everyone needs a spork.
- Integrated fork and spoon for greater versatility and serrated knife for more efficient cutting
- Lightweight and durable
- Weight: 12 g or 0.42 oz
If breaking plastic sporks is a thing you do (like me) or you just want a longer handle to reach into the bottom of that food bag, with no extra weight, a Titanium spork definitely embodies 'light' and is indestructible.
- Weight: 14 g or 0.5 oz
Ultra-Sil Dry Daypack 22 L
So light that you won’t begrudge carrying it, this waterproof backpack is the ideal travelling partner to your full size backpack for those quick day hikes, or to just 'tourist' for a day.
- Features: waterproof roll-top closure; reinforced shoulder strap; stress points bartacked; compression lacing
- Weight: 110 g or 3.9 oz
The collapsible XPot Kettle is perfect for your morning brew, a cup of hot chocolate or to use as an all-round cooking pot! Plus it is light and compact, making it a handy 'tiny' addition to your cook kit.
- BPA free, food grade, heat resistant silicone
- Hard anodized aluminum base conducts heat really well for outdoor gourmet cooking
- Durable, translucent pot lid shortens boil time - no need to lift the lid to check the boil
- Two glass-reinforced nylon 66 handles support the upper rim and improve control when pouring
- A silicone strap secures the lid and handles during transport
- Weight: 6.5 oz
Field Repair Buckles
When on a long backpacking trip there is nothing worse than equipment malfunctions, either for yourself or a member of your group. Spare buckles are a handy small item to carry in your pack in case of emergencies.
- Side Release 2 Ladderlock – 15 mm, 20 mm, 25 mm, 38 mm
- Ladderlock 1 pin – 25 mm
Sleeping Bag Liners
Reactor liners are ideal as a booster for your sleeping bag in particularly cold conditions, or as an ultralight standalone bag in warm weather. Improve your quality of sleep and stretch your outdoor seasons whilst being warm and comfortable.
- Available in short, regular and long lengths for a variety of weather conditions to increase your warmth from between 8 to 15 degrees Celsius
Folding Bucket – 10 L
This ridiculously compact and lightweight 10 litre collapsible bucket is perfect for transporting a good quantity of water back to camp (saving you multiple trips with a smaller bottle) and for storage. Plus in winter it doubles as a snow thawing bucket when hung in a warm hut.
- Carry or store water as needed
- Fully seam sealed and leakproof
Ultra-Sil Outhouse Waterproof Toilet Roll Holder
Let’s face it, the one drawback to camping is the lack of indoor plumbing (and maybe bugs!). When using the outhouse it is nice to at least have dry and clean toilet paper.
- Waterproof & hygenic seam sealed to keep your toilet paper dry and clean
- Convenient to use, lightweight & durable
Wilderness Wash – Multi-Purpose Outdoors Wash
Outdoor friendly soap for all occasions, in a super compact size.
- Biodegradable Concentrate
- Ideal to use as a body wash, shampoo, dish washing detergent or clothes detergent
- 50 ml or 1.6 fl oz bottle
Aeros Pillow Premium Regular
This pillow is definitely one luxury item that will be worth the minimal extra weight (79 g or 2.8 oz). Supportive and compact, a true pillow will increase your comfort level when sleeping far more than a rolled up piece of clothing.
- Scalloped bottom edge centres pillow over your shoulders
- Super fast inflate and deflate with multi-function low profile valve
- Synthetic padding increases comfort and wicks away moisture
And one more for the fun of it ...
Spark SpIII Sleeping Bag
Nothing helps to ensure a good nights sleep when in the wilderness more than being toasty and comfortable when sleeping - particularly in a bag that is ultralight, ultra compact, and super warm.
- Super compressible 850+ loft, PFC-free ULTRA-DRY Down provides maximum warmth-to-weight ratio
- Ultralight, not ultra-tight: Hooded contoured mummy shape for comfort and efficient insulation, with extra space for layered clothing or extra wiggle room