Complimentary Clinics for Outdoor Groups
At the Norseman our passion for the community and the outdoors has transformed us into a store that emphasizes knowledge and education as much as outdoor equipment.
Since our store was opened in 1971 we have expanded our areas of expertise, specialization and knowledge from cross country skiing to hiking, climbing and backpacking.
We would like to offer outdoor groups in Calgary and surrounding area to contact us if your group is interested in a complimentary presentation on any of the following topics (though, if you have an area of particular interest we could probably accommodate) :
1. How (and why) to clean and maintain your hiking boots
2. Hiking Poles – making you more efficient on all terrain
3. Light weight backpacking – what does that even mean these days?
4. How to pack your day and multi-day pack
5. Essential items to have in your backpack
6. Waterproofing jackets to retain breathability
7. Layering for any weather
These informal presentations, completed by our own Anthony Mauriks (chief purchaser at the Norseman, and a technical guru when it comes to hiking, skiing, climbing and other types of outdoor gear), will offer detailed and practical information on each topic.
We can arrange to do the presentation at the store (groups of 10 to 15) after the store closes on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, or, we can arrange to be at a location and time of your group’s choosing. We ask for a minimum group size of 8 and for at least 2 weeks notice to organize.
For more information, please contact Anthony at: Anthony@norsemanoutdoorspecialist.com
In the winter we also offer clinics on:
• Technical Waxing
• Introduction to Cross-Country Skiing Equipment and Basing Waxing
• Skin Ski Care Hands on Workshop